Thursday, November 4, 2010

Baby Steps.

So I pulled Kodi (aka Apache Thunder Gunner) out last night after work. I've made a hesitant promise to myself to take advantage of the last few days of daylight, since daylight savings comes into effect this coming weekend.
We had a quick brush, and a long free lunge before I climbed on. Mostly well... mainly walked around the ring. I started to ask him to trot, and oddly he ducked his head and went into frame.. wth? This horse has a hammerhead and a nesty neck. I've never really asked him into frame - it was so odd. He moved right up into my hands. Any rate, my course of action changed then. I began working on walk>trot>walk transitions. Nice walk (he was lolly gagging a bit) into a few steps of a soft sitting trot and then back. worked also on leg, he was bending really nicely around my inside leg (who is this horse and what have you done with mine?)

The other crazy thing is.. I used my english saddle, and my stirrups felt too short. which is weird, and I felt longer. Now people say that pilates does that - but 1 partial pilates workout that I did on Monday? hm.

After that I went inside, and got really lazy and didn't do my pilates!! *shame shame* So I need to do them tonight- no excuses.

No comments:

Post a Comment