Wednesday, November 3, 2010

Step One.

So while I'm fine with the riding bit, I have to admit - I'm in terrible shape physically to get to where I want to go. Therefor with great mental anguish, I have decided that I need to be as fit as my horse. *cry*

Pilates 3x a week for strength. As well, I need to knock the mothballs off my stationery bike, and get peddling the other 2 days. I also need to stop smoking (sigh) I've smoked for so long, I think just that alone will drive me insane. I don't think cold turkey will do it.

Now to the horse:
Lunged him yesterday. Weather is beginning to turn cold, and we are expecting a lot of snow this year according to those in the know. I haven't ridden in the winter since I was a teenager really. As far as I can see, this will have to change right quickly. Due to the time changes - I can at least ease myself that I will only be able to ride on the weekends- being it will be dark by the time I get home from work. I'm hoping for less ice than last year (complete skating rink) so that I can at least slog about in the snow, even a walk will make me feel like we are working towards something.

Current Feed schedule:
grass/alfalfa hay 3x a day. some beetpulp.
I can't pick up Hi Fat until Thursday, as Buckerfields will be getting it in then. I've decided to test feeding this over the winter, as I get a bit lazy in the feeding, and the whole beetpulp/oil combo in a pain in the rear - so I don't always feed everyday because of that.

No comments:

Post a Comment